help me with
I’m considering a new business path and would greatly appreciate feedback from fellow small business owners and entrepreneurs.
What is Social Responsibility? The idea that a business should balance its ultimate goal to make money with activities that benefit society, or in other words, that a business can be profitable AND contribute to the greater good.
What Does Social Responsibility Planning Involve?
Components vary widely, but in general, a Social Responsibility Plan establishes clear business goals and action items to demonstrate the business’ commitment to:
- Conduct business with integrity (including customers and suppliers),
- Focus on the health and wellness of employees,
- Be aware of and decrease the impact on the environment, and
- Make a positive difference in the community or society.
Why Consider Social Responsibility?
Most often, Social Responsibility strategies are implemented because the business owner wants to:
- Personally help make a difference in the world beyond the service that the business provides,
- Enhance the brand image and reputation,
- Have more motivated and loyal employees, and/or
- Have more loyal customers (and often more sales).
… if you are a small business owner with less than 50 employees, an established customer base, and the desire to help make a difference, increase employee loyalty and increase client loyalty.
The survey should take 5-10 minutes at the most.
If you are interested in talking to me directly about Social Responsibility, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.